At the beginning of 1500 an earthquake
caused the collapse of the bell tower of the Church and it was raised again after two hundred years;
the reconstruction of main body happened in the half of 18th century by earl Ottavio
He was also the person behind the project of three altars: the two smallest altars
in neoclassical style and the main altar.
The earl designed also the cathedral in Ceneda, near Vittorio Veneto in the same years.
In the first of 19th century many other Trevisans Churches were extended, the same fate affected
this Church with addition of side naves, once absent.
After one century, the inside of the Church was decorated richly and the roof and the walls were
reworked in postwar period.
On the right: detail of the statue placed on the main door.