palazzo dei trecento a treviso
distanziatorea HOME distanziatoreb TREVISO ACCOMMODATIONS distanziatorev RESTAURANTS distanziatorew SHOPPING distanziatorer TREVISO MAP distanziatoreet IMAGES / PHOTOS distanziatorej I . V. distanziatoreyte italian version distanziatorelk

GETTING THERE
distanziatorea
TREVISO MUSEUMS
distanziatoreb
HISTORIC BUILDINGS
distanziatorec
WALLS AND GATES
distanziatored
TREVISO HISTORY
distanziatoree
CHURCHES
distanziatoref
UNIVERSITY
distanziatoreg
TREVISO EVENTS
distanziatoreh
PESCHERIA
distanziatoreh
ACCOMMODATIONS
distanziatorei
WINE BARS
distanziatorel
PHONE NUMBERS
distanziatorem
distanziatorema
CAR PARKS
distanziatoremb
distanziatoren
distanziatoreme
IMAGES
distanziatoremc
distanziatoreo
distanziatoremf
REPORT THIS URL
distanziatoremf
distanziatorep
distanziatorebis
CONTACTS
distanziatoremg
distanziatoreq
distanziatoremi
DISCLAIMER
distanziatoremh
distanziatorer
COOKIE POLICY
distanziatorea
PRIVACY
distanziatorea

distanziatorew  
THE PALAZZO DEI TRECENTO IN TREVISO, Old centre
 
The Palazzo dei Trecento was raised about 1185 in Treviso to have a meeting room where several representatives could assemble; the construction of this building ended in 1268 when the next edifice assigned to jail was ended.
   

In the history of the town the palace was the seat of the Tribunale dei Consoli (Consuls’ Court), place of public meetings (the "Concione"), place where the Podestà administered justice and seat of the Council; the name "Palazzo della Ragione" came from this, before new Domus Comunis (which replaced that building located near the Duomo - Cathedral).

In the history the Palace was the seat of Municipal Supreme Assembly too (the Maggior Consiglio), which was formed by three hundred members; its definitive name "Palazzo dei Trecento" comes just from this use.

distanziatoree
paintings medoro coghetto piazza dei signori
The Palazzo dei Trecento
Medoro Coghetto (1707-1793)
Treviso, Museo Civico L. Bailo
   
   
The original arcade covered the whole perimeter and it contained before the most important Municipal Offices and after the shops; this arcade had been prepared to quarter a squad of fifty knights at the service of a captain.
   
images palazzo dei trecento antonio sala
The Palazzo dei Trecento
by Antonio Sala - 1889
Treviso, Museo Civico L. Bailo
qdistanziatore

The arches, appearing at the squares, were opened wholly after the restorations in 1552; these works allowed the touch between two squares and the loggia of Palazzo dei Trecento was made.
This Palace appears us as a majestic four-sided building made by rough bricks; upper zone is decorated by a battlement as a fortification.

The Palazzo dei Trecento was restored between the end of 19th century and today: the staircase was moved from the West side to the East side, the battlement was rebuilt and it became Guelph and the extensive damages, due to airstrikes of 1944, were repaired.

 
   

The restorations, ended at the beginning of 20th century, involved the Palace, the Prefettura (the Prefecture) and the Municipal Tower, which were decorated by a Ghibelline battlement.

At the end of 1940s the swallow-tailed merlons were removed by the repairs of Palazzo dei Trecento, damaged in the Second World War, and they were replaced by flat-topped merlons.

The entry staircase to the first floor hall is one of architectonic outside elements, which sustained the most important changes in the history of this building.

There were two staircases set against the fašade facing to Piazza delle Donne (today called "Piazza Indipendenza") and one overlooking Piazza dei Signori in the beginning.

  photos prefecture prefettura treviso
The main facade of the building
 
 
images piazza indipendenza treviso   photos palazzo dei trecento treviso
   
In 1810 the two staircases facing to Piazza Indipendenza (see the two photos above) were demolished it is possible to see this fact from some documents next to 1800.
The staircase on Piazza dei Signori side was demolished after the second half of 19th century in expectation of rebuilding in the original position in Piazza Indipendenza. Thus the staircase with one flight was raised on this side of the Palace and only after the demolition of the shops risen in the lee of that same fašade.
 
[ photos and information about hall frescoes ... ]