eventi manifestazioni di treviso
distanziatorea HOME distanziatoreb TREVISO ACCOMMODATIONS distanziatorev RESTAURANTS distanziatorew SHOPPING distanziatorer TREVISO MAP distanziatoreet IMAGES / PHOTOS distanziatorej I . V. distanziatoreyte italian version distanziatorelk

GETTING THERE
distanziatorea
TREVISO MUSEUMS
distanziatoreb
HISTORIC BUILDINGS
distanziatorec
WALLS AND GATES
distanziatored
TREVISO HISTORY
distanziatoree
CHURCHES
distanziatoref
UNIVERSITY
distanziatoreg
TREVISO EVENTS
distanziatoreh
PESCHERIA
distanziatoreh
ACCOMMODATIONS
distanziatorei
WINE BARS
distanziatorel
PHONE NUMBERS
distanziatorem
distanziatorema
CAR PARKS
distanziatoremb
distanziatoren
distanziatoreme
IMAGES
distanziatoremc
distanziatoreo
distanziatoremf
REPORT THIS URL
distanziatoremf
distanziatorep
distanziatorebis
CONTACTS
distanziatoremg
distanziatoreq
distanziatoremi
DISCLAIMER
distanziatoremh
distanziatorer
COOKIE POLICY
distanziatorea
PRIVACY
distanziatorea

distanziatorep  
THE PIAZZA DEI SIGNORI IN TREVISO
 
The Palazzo della Prefettura (Prefecture Palace), the Palazzo dei Trecento and Cal Maggior (the main porticoed street) frame the most important square in Treviso.
The Palazzo della Signoria, called "Palazzo della Prefettura" (Prefecture Palace) today, in Treviso was equivalent to half of that is at first. The name of the neighbouring Piazza dei Signori comes back closeness of Palazzo della Signoria according to the history and not as we might think because it was dedicated to the richest classes.
   

It was raised when the rooms used as offices and located near the Palazzo dei Trecento, became inadequate to take in the Municipal Administration Offices.

The Palace was used as residence of Podestà in Treviso, he had to be neither Trevisan nor to come from neighbouring countries subjugated by tyranny.

He was lacking in own house and thus he was going usually to live in town with all its entourage and he occupied the houses next to Palazzo dei Trecento; these houses were removed from rightful owners.

mdistanziatore
paintings medoro coghetto piazza dei signori treviso
Medoro Coghetto (1707-1793)
Piazza della Signoria
Treviso, Museo Civico L. Bailo
   

The building was almost ended in 1217 when the first Domus Comunis, located in Piazza Duomo, was damaged.
The look of the Palazzo della Prefettura (Prefecture Palace) changed many times during Treviso history; its fašade, overlooking the square, is portrayed in a canvas by Medoro Coghetto in the second half of 18th century: it had two wide entry arches and an impressive marble staircase which allowed to enter the close Palazzo dei Trecento.

   
photos prefettura treviso prefecture
Piazza dei Signori in 1870
images municipal bell towers
Piazza dei Signori a Treviso con la piattaforma eretta per il carnevale, anno 1873, FAST - Foto Archivio Storico Trevigiano, Fondo Fini, n. immagine: F 78
 
photos palazzo dei trecento treviso
Piazza dei Signori today
distanziatori

The Torre Civica (Municipal Bell Tower) was raised behind the Palazzo della Prefettura (Prefecture Palace) in 1218, it wasn’t fastened to the remaining part of municipal buildings in the beginning. The palace was enlarged after about fifty years and so the tower was joined to Prefecture Complex.

The Municipal Tower had a bulb roof and some battlements at first, the second were removed in the first years of 17th century, while the bulb roof didn’t appear in the beginning of 20th century, it was replaced by the battlements which characterize the tower till today.